Discover Australia's spectacular new dive site

Scuba divers from around Australia are expected to descend on the Fraser Coast, Queensland, to exploring the underwater wonderland created by the wreck of the HMAS Tobruk. 
Commercial operations will launch on February 25.

Fraser Coast Tourism & Events general manager Martin Simons said many divers had been waiting for months to dive on the wreck and operators were likely to be busy in the coming months as they worked through long waiting lists.
“The ship is resting on her starboard quarter about 25 nautical miles from Hervey Bay in 28 metres of water and will be an extraordinary experience for beginner and experienced divers alike,” he said.
“The side of the ship will be within about 10 metres of the surface and divers of all skill levels will have access to the vessel's major compartments as well an outside view of the propeller and rudder.”
When in service with the Royal Australian Navy, the 127-metre amphibious heavy-lift ship could carry up to 18 tanks, had two helicopter decks and provided accommodation for up to 520 troops. The ship was scuttled on June 29, 2018. 
The uniqueness of the Tobruk as a naval dive wreck was its size, Simons said.
“There is plenty of room to move around its wide companionways and large transport decks,” he said.
Hervey Bay Dive Centre director Ed Gibson toured the dive site recently. “The sea life is extraordinary,” he said.
“We saw loads of fish, turtles, the biggest eagle ray I've ever seen and squid eggs floating everywhere.”

Postingan terkait:

Belum ada tanggapan untuk "Discover Australia's spectacular new dive site "

Post a Comment